Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Land of the Living

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13

Have you had times in your life when you felt like you lived in the land of death? I remember struggling with the health and deteriorating mental state of my mother-in-law living in our home. When she died, the Lord spoke to me from this verse.

My husband’s health problems over a period of 12 years caused us to live in a constant world of hospital corridors, lab technicians, surgeons, and too many office visits with doctors to count. Add to this the wound care at home and the scary trips to the Emergency Room. Now that his health seems stable, I remember this verse.

Sometimes during a particularly long and difficult period of deadly emotional turmoil, this verse can serve to encourage us. God doesn’t intend for us to live in the land of death. We can be confident that he will bring us, through his goodness, back into the land of the living: music, singing, children, laughter, purpose, health. Praise be to his name.  

No comments:

Post a Comment