Monday, November 8, 2010

The Grease Monkey

Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. Psalm 24:3-4 NIV

I took the car to the service station to fill the tires with air. What would appear to most people as a simple task proved to be outside the norm for me. After I filled the first tire, I noticed the grime on my hand, and it didn’t improve as I worked to fill the others. When I got home, I realized not only did I have black gunk all over my hands, but in smudges on my new coat as well. I defiled everything I touched!

I want the Lord to find me acceptable as his servant. Just as I had to clean up myself before I could begin my tasks of making the bed, or cooking, God requires clean hands before we attempt our service for him. Even though he may have cleansed our sinful hearts many years ago, our hands get filthy from touching the world. He wants purity in his servants, rather than the filth of the world.

God is willing to cleanse us from all our unrighteousness when we come to him. Before you begin your work for him today, make sure your hands are clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment