Monday, May 13, 2013

Picked Out 1

 

[Photo of a diamond created from coal]


Oh, Lord! I was all picked over,
But you still picked me out.
You saw past the rough and dirty edges
To the potential in me.
I was as a piece of coal.
Nevertheless, you picked me up,
Blew me off,
And squeezed me!

I won’t lie:
The pressure was considerable,
And I did weep.
You said weeping endures for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.
During the long, dark, painful wintry night
In the midst of the long tunnel
I suffered silently.

And just when I thought it would never end,
The brilliant rays of the new day dawned,
And the light of day revealed a diamond that was
Multi faceted,
Surprisingly beautiful,
And desirable.
I give you all the glory.

______________________

1 from Ruffin, Clara. He’s Prepared My Heart for Harvest. Hartford, CT: Food for Thought Publishing, ©1998Photo of Clara Ruffin

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment